Sunday 7 July 2013

start.

So I've come across this 30 day blogger challenges, variations of which can be found more or less everywhere on the internet, attempted by everyone and their mum. I've got no qualms about this shit, sure it's not original but neither is having a blog and I'm new and shut your face I don't need your judgement get out of here (everyone loves an overreaction). 


 Day 1 is "Weird things you do when you're alone". I do tonnes of stupid shit when I'm alone, generally of the "dancing like a twat, trying to be a really great dancer, attempting to beatbox/rap, acting like I'm some kind of amazing singer, repeatedly going back and forth between wherever I am and the fridge to see if anything new has turned up, falling into the black hole of the internet and finding myself looking at photos of cats in denim vests (or similar), inspecting my face, attacking my brows with the tweezers, giving myself pep talks re: doing some exercise and then rolling my eyes at myself re: the futility of it all" variety. When I'm alone I also seem to have the attention span of a toddler, and I'll cycle through all these activities at a rapid pace and then start all over again, going from dancing to internet-ing to tweezing to singing to eating and back to dancing.

I love being alone. I read this article by Stephen Fry, the other day and he said (among other things):
I don’t want to be alone, but I want to be left alone.
I actually cannot stop thinking about that.  I love being alone, but I hate to feel like I'm alone.  It's a fine line, I guess.


Anyway, there's your insight for today.  Coincidentally, today my flattie and I have started a couple of 30 Day Fitness Challenges:  Abs, Arms, Squats and Planking.  So far so hideous, and we're only one day in.  It should be good, doing it together though.  


Only 29 days to go.




In other news, here is the new haircut.  The bangs situation is
purposely cropped out while I work out what to do with it.  Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment